How to save whole iMessage conversation as PDF on macOS?
Currently, Messages.app works smoothly on both macOS and iOS devices, and the content of conversations are synced instantly through iCloud among all devices logged in with same ID. This gives us an easy way to access iMessages on Mac computers, for example exporting iMessages to PDF files. But, the Messages.app on macOS prints out only the messages displayed in the view to PDF files, this is inconvenient if you'd like to save all messages.
Fortunately, the mac version of iBackup Viewer works out this issue perfectly by following these simple steps:
- Download and run iBackup Viewer
- Open messages from the main menu
- Click on "Export" button at the top
- Choose "Current Thread to PDF" to save selected conversation
- Choose "All Threads to PDF" to save all conversations to separate PDF files
- Adjust options for the output PDF file
Choose correct font (the content will be messed up if the font doesn't support your language)
Sizes for texts
Margins of the page
*Click "More Options" for advanced options
Meta information about the PDF files
Including title, author, keywords, and passwords if you want keep the pdf privately.
Options to control output content, and layout of the result PDF files.
Click "Save" to start.